Friday, October 03, 2014

Someone's Seven

Suddenly, I found myself picking up a child at school today for a birthday lunch. 

Birth

We walked to Pizza Pizza.  He wouldn't hold my hand until we crossed the street.  And then he forgot to let go for a while.

6 months

He had to go to the bathroom SO BAD.  He wanted to go on a tree in the park, but we made a pitstop at a coffee shop instead.

1 year

We went to Pizza Pizza because he got a Birthday coupon in the mail for a free slice and soda.  He reeeeeally wanted bacon, but he had to choose between cheese or pepperoni.  He chose cheese.  And a root beer. 

2 years

His birthday fell on a Friday, so a bunch of 6th graders from his school were at the pizza place, too.  That was sooooo cool. 

3 years

Cool enough that he didn't feel like talking to me, just looking at the big kids. 

4 years

He did say he couldn't remember if he had math that morning, he wasn't sure if he had gym that afternoon and he really wanted to get back in time for lunch recess. 

5 years

We went back to school.  I walked on the sidewalk.  He walked on everything but. 

6 years

He wouldn't stop talking.  All about random things that I couldn't follow.  I don't think he even knew what he was talking about after a while.

7 years

The second we got back to school, he wrapped his arms around my waist and said "Love you, mom."  Then he walked up to the front entrance, in through the doors and disappeared up the stairs. 

He didn't look back even once. 

1 comment:

  1. Ok...he can't be seven. Brought a tear to my eye reading this! Happy Birthday handsome Henry!

    ReplyDelete